Treat your breastmilk stone/keepsake like you would a fine pearl. Never expose your jewelry to high levels of humidity, such as storing your keepsake in the bathroom. With silver/gold plated items we recommend avoiding water to prolong the plating. Protect your jewelry by storing in a cool, dry place. Finally, always remove jewelry before bedtime to prevent accidental breakage. Please do not expose your stone to harsh solvents such as acetone, hairspray, oils, perfumes, lotions, or cleaning agents. Harsh solvents can destroy your stone over time.